httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Ritchie <J...@pri.com.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 Frontpage Server Extension - Fre eBSD
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:39:23 GMT
David,

Complete newbie as well. But thinking about it and problems l encountered
while trying to get apache working. Would check (if running a windows box)
that PWS or IIS isn't lurking around taking up the port somehow. Maybe check
the http.conf file to see the setup, would presume the admin listening would
be defined somewhere in there.

On a side note, am trying to learn aiml (a subset of xml), and having the
same problem. Am asking for an Idiots explanation of tag usage, with answers
being approx 3 feet over my head when they come back.

Cheers and good luck.
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: vizion communication [mailto:vizion@ixpres.com]
Sent: Friday, 28 March 2003 10:06 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; wil@hvhm.net
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 Frontpage Server Extension -
FreeBSD

Hi
Well all went well un til I tried to logon to the admin
port.

After using owsadm.exe and finding the admin port did not
work I grepped through the apache and the frontpage files
but could not find a reference to the port (8090). Where
should that have finished up?

Being as I have not been able to get an overview of how
frontpage works with apache2.0.44 I am at a loss as to what
I need to look for!!!

I am assuming that in addition to listening on port 80 the
server is also meant to listen on port 8090 for admin -- is
that right...I think the problem here is that the people who
have specified the system and written the code are so
familiar with it that they seem unable to convey their
brilliance in a way that facilitates the understanding of
people with zero familiarity!!

Sometime I feel like someone with a damn good oar and no
rowlocks!!!

David