httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Savage <Mike.Sav...@datastream.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple DAD's/ports
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:05:11 GMT
This question is probably better directed to the forums at Oracle's TechNet
http://otn.oracle.com/forums/forumshome.html
Find the forum for your installed product (9iAS?)...you might find that
someone has already asked the same question.  If not, the users there are
probably more familiar with what you are trying to do...plus, the TechNet
lists are monitored by Oracle personnel to help answer any questions that
the regular user base can't answer.

Thanks,
Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: Charlene Yanke [mailto:charlene.yanke@sait.ab.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:56 AM
To: Apache Listserver (E-mail)
Cc: Charlene Yanke
Subject: [users@httpd] Multiple DAD's/ports

Hi All,
I'm fairly new to Apache, but have managed to install and configure our test
listener with no problem.  I do have a few questions regarding future
configuration though.  Any info would be greatly appreciated:
1.) I currently have one listener up and running on port 7777 for our test
database which will use only mod_plsql.  Eventually I will need 5 listeners.
Each listener will have its own port number, document root, etc.  Question
is what changes do I make to httpd.conf to enable a second listener on port
8888 for our stage database?  Whenever a request comes in on this port
number it needs to serve out the document root and homepage for the stage
database, not the test database.
2.) Is their any way to control each of the listeners independently.  I
would be nice to be able to take only the test listener down while leaving
the others up.
TIA,
Charlene Yanke, DBA
Southern Alberta Institute or Technology