httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] sssl starts but i get an error message with my virtual host conta iners
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:23:08 GMT
Hey,
Here's an interesting thing - I did get ssl to start so it is running now
but I still get that error message and I believe it's due to the fact that
mod_ssl isn't installed  - I can't get it installed b/c the version of
apache that I have is 2.044 and the version of openssl is 0.97 or .96 (gotta
check) but they aren't compatiable - after I do the ./configure it makes it
to the part where it goes to the openssl toolkit and returns an error
message...

Any ideas of which version of openssl will work with apache 2.044 on a
solaris 9 box?

BTW - here is 1103 - ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/u01/tampa_test/cgi-bin/"

Thanks,
Bobbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Blume [mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 6:58 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] sssl starts but i get an error message with my
virtual host conta iners

batristain@mediageneral.com wrote:
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> Syntax error on line 1103 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid
> command 'SSLCACertificateFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
> modu le not included in the server configuration <VirtualHost *>
> ServerAdmin root@placeanad.tbo.com
>     DocumentRoot /u01/tampa
>     ServerName placeanad.tbo.com
>     ErrorLog logs/placeanad.tbo.com-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/placeanad.tbo.com-access_log common
>     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/u01/tampa/cgi-bin/"
>     ScriptAlias /admin/ "/u01/tampa/admin/"
>    #SSLCACertificateFile /opt/apache/certs/placeanad.cert
>    #SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache/conf/ssl.crt/placeanad.cert
>    #SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache/certs/secureprivate.key
>    #SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache/conf/ssl.crt/secureprivate.key
>    <Directory /u01/tampa/admin>
>      AllowOverride AuthConfig
>     </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>

I think there are 2 things to check here:
  - where is that 'SSLCACertificateFile' declared ? can you post line
1103 of httpd.conf ?
  - it should be accepted by the SSL module anyway, so are you sure it
is activated ? Try
ps -edf | grep SSL

It should show you something like 'httpd -DSSL'

Laurent
--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com