httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject RE: FW: [users@httpd] Make not working for apache
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:27:15 GMT
Here's the entire error message

# /usr/ccs/bin/make
make  all-recursive
bash: make: command not found
*** Error code 127
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Blume [mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 9:22 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: [users@httpd] Make not working for apache

batristain@mediageneral.com wrote:
> Greetings Laurent,
> Okay I figured that out yesterday - not the strange thing is I can't
> compile the GNU make so I can use that to compile the apache - :)

I don't think you need GNU make, only GNU grep is really needed. Also available
from Sunfreeware.

> I get this error message when I try to build the gnu make - and I am
> putting the path to the make directory in there...
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

That's not enough information, "command failed fro target 'all'" just
means there was an error, it doesn't say what error it was.
You need to post all the last lines, beginning at the first showing an
error, a failure, or something looking wrong.

Laurent

--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com