httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Robe...@one.at>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 on W2K
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:50:25 GMT
Sorry - but this just gets crazier!

I have Tomcat 4.1.18 installed on the machine, listening on port 8080.

It works fine.

I shutdown Tomcat, and change httpd.conf so that Apache listens on port 8080.

Still the same problem!

I do have McAfee installed, but if TC works, how come Apache doesn't?

I dug through the mail archives and found a suggestion for circumventing the XP built in firewall
- use port 11.

That doesn't work either!

So I don't think they did manage to resolve the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Razvan Costea-Barlutiu [mailto:cbrazvan@laitek.com]
Sent: 06 March 2003 11:27
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 on W2K

Hey!... while still digging through the archives, I found that Apache
2.0.44 allegedly solved your problem, at leas as the release announce
specifies. It says there (quote):
[
  *) Resolve the error "An operation was attempted on something
     that is not a socket.  : winnt_accept: AcceptEx failed.
     Attempting to recover." for users of various firewall and
     anti-virus software on Windows.  PR 8325  [William Rowe]
]

What about virus software on your computer?
--Razvan