httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Bisset" <pbis...@emergency.qld.gov.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Potentially problems with cookies
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:16:27 GMT
are you sure the application is sending a cooking?

I don't know PHP, but just because you have to login to an application, doesn't mean it sends
a cookie. This will work regardless of browser choice.

Peter Bisset
FAS Business Systems
Department of Emergency Services
ph. 07 3247 8553 (94553)
fax 07 3247 8598 (94598)

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kerr [mailto:bullzie@cogeco.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 8:06 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Potentially problems with cookies

I am running into a problem and I think I have found a potential
solution but I am not having any luck.  My problem is that anything I
add to my website that requires the user to login (like a PHP app), it
seems that no cookie is sent to acknowledge a successful login.  I have
enabled the 'LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so'.
However, it seems to work for people using non-Windows browsers so I
have attempted to add the CookieStyle RFC2965 directive to the
VirtualHost section of my httpd.conf to make it work with IE seeing as
the majority of my users will be using IE 6.  Am I way off base?  Should
I turn and run with my tail between my legs?  Pertinent info would be
Windows XP Pro SP1, and Apache 2.0.44 all running locally.  I have been
through the documentation, but I am not 100% sure what I am looking for.
Also, I have been down the 'session' configuration stuff in PHP and
according to some session tests, it is configured correctly.  Is there a
test page out there I can use to verify that my server is correctly
sending cookies?