httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache HTTP server can't start in Windows 2000
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:30:15 GMT
Ray,

  you have a broken network socket filter or provider... perhaps you've
installed firewall, antiviral web traffic monitor, vpn or other oddball software.

  You will need to uninstall or completely disable that software to use
Apache, or upgrade to a version that supports WSADuplicateSocket
amoung many other WinSock features that the authors of those above
mentioned socket filters very often get wrong.

Bill

At 07:49 AM 3/24/2003, Ray wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using Windows 2000 and have Apache 1.3.27 installed as a Windows service.  I haven't
been able to start it up.  Every time I try, I get the following messages in errors.log:

>[Mon Mar 24 08:19:43 2003] [crit] (10045)The attempted operation is not supported for
the type of object referenced: Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 600.
>[Mon Mar 24 08:19:43 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: master_main: create child
process failed. Exiting.
>[Mon Mar 24 08:20:44 2003] [error] forcing termination of child #0 (handle 640)
>
>Has anyone experienced the same?  I tried both 1.3.27 and 2.0.44 and the same thing happened.

>Thanks.
>
>Ray
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
><http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.com/splash.html>Yahoo!