httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Windows install
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:18:19 GMT
At 04:26 AM 3/10/2003, David Picon Alvarez wrote:

>After pressing the "Install" button, I get a dialog box saying "The system
>cannot open the device or file specified." and I get a retry and Cancel
>buttons. Retrying gets nowhere (same dialog box comes up) and cancelling
>shows: "Internal Error 2755. 110, c:\path-to-apache.msi"

I'm guessing your directory or file for c:\path-to-apache\apache.msi is either
not read/writeable to either the user you are installing as (Administrator)
or the LocalSystem account (which actually 'does' installs.)

Make certain you put the .msi in a *local* world-read/write access path
and then try again.

Bill