httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Taylor <sc...@dctchambers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with CGI/APACHE/PERL
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:32:13 GMT
At 03:02 AM 3/19/03, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I recently build PERL.5.8.0 on my HP-UX 11 server to be able to use
>the DBD::ORACLE module. When I write a normal perl script to access an
>Oracle database it works OK. When I want to access the database
>through a CGI script with the same basic code, I get the following
>error in my apache error log:
>
>install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
>'/app/rim/utils/perl-5.8.0/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DBD/Ora
>cle/Oracle.sl' for module DBD::Oracle: No such file or
>  directory at
>/app/rim/utils/perl-5.8.0/lib/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>  at (eval 1) line 3
>Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3.
>Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where
>expected
>  at /opt/apache/cgi-bin/ewm.cgi line 7
>[Wed Mar 19 12:14:33 2003] [error] [client 165.143.100.235] Premature
>end of script headers: /opt/apache/cgi-bin/ewm.cgi
>
>What I can not understand is, that when Apache is not in play, the
>script works fine.
>
>I use HP Apache-based Web Server (Strong) version 1.3.14.00 for HP-UX.
>
>Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hi,

I recently went through this with another DBD, check the sourceforge site
for details.  Basically it's a permissions problem, DBD tries to open a lib
as the local user, in this case probably whatever Apache is running
as.  Make sure your apache user has privs to access the oracle libs that
the DBD requires.

That first line about Oracle.sl might be your hint.

Scott