httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Taylor <sc...@dctchambers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] New to SSL
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:23:12 GMT
Hello,

I added my own signed certificate to this server and I'm wondering if this
is normal for startup or did I do something wrong/unnecessary?  It's
running on Mandrake Linux 9.0.  This dialogue only shows up in the log not
when running the startup script /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

First time I thought I broke it because it just sat there with "Starting
HTTPD:".  It was only by reading the log did I realize it was waiting from
input.

Well, that was months ago now.  This morning I had a hardware failure and
the server rebooted and just sits at the spot where httpd starts up because
it is waiting for user input of the pass phrase.  Is there anything I
should do (should have done) different?  It's a bit of a pain, but if it's
the secure way to do it I guess I can come in at 2AM to restart it if needs
be (seldom ever happens).

Cheers.

<log snippet>
Mar 19 02:42:34 mustang httpd: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26
mod_ssl/2.8.10 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
Mar 19 02:42:34 mustang httpd: Some of your private key files are encrypted
for security reasons.
Mar 19 02:42:34 mustang httpd: In order to read them you have to provide us
with the pass phrases.
</log snippet>

Scott