httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Moskowitz <...@htt-consult.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Setting up proxing and stopping POST SMTP
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:09:15 GMT
At 06:23 PM 3/26/2003 -0500, Jeff Cohen wrote:
>Are you talking about a Proxy Server or the Proxy functionality in the
>Apache Web Server?

Proxy functionality in the Apache Web Server.  I only have the one
system.  This is a small operation despite the /26 allocation.

Anyway, I now have the basic proxying working.  See my previous note.  It
is appalling how many GETs there are to access www.cnn.com!

Also I believe the proxy limiting to my address range also stops the POST
SMTP proxies:

segfault.monkeys.com - - [26/Mar/2003:23:40:06 -0500] "CONNECT
outland.monkeys.com:25 HTTP/1.0" 403 309

But I am still concerned that someone might find a way to use one of my IP
addresses to do the POST SMTP, and would like to figure out why

<Directory proxy *>
         <LimitExcept GET HEAD POST>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
         </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

is bad syntax and if this is the right syntax....