httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Moskowitz <...@htt-consult.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setting up proxing and stopping POST SMTP
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:00:58 GMT
At 09:51 AM 3/26/2003 -0500, Jeff Cohen wrote:
>hi Robert,
>
>What is the exact Location that you want to be proxied?
>from what I understand you are trying to have http://yourdomain.com/proxy
>to be filtered, is that right?

I am trying to set up the server so that systems in my domain can use it as
a proxy to get to out.

In particular, when I am on the road, I SSH back to my domain and run SMTP,
POP3, and HTTP through the tunnel.

Of course my SMTP and POP3 servers are local.  This gives those unsecured
protocols needed security.

For HTTP, my desire is to not expose what I do (like bank access and the
like) on wireless networks and the like.  So I set up my browse to proxy to
Localhost, and SSH tunnels port 80 to my web server.  This was working with
1.3.  Now I want it working with 2.0.

And with proxy on, not to let the bas*ards relay SMTP spam through my
server....