httpd-users mailing list archives

From Razvan Costea-Barlutiu <cbraz...@laitek.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Delivering empty content? Why?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:31:34 GMT

>Sorry if you found my response condescending but it was you who was
>pleading for any kind of answer.

What I said was: "I am looking forward for any _pertinent_ direction on
this", which is slightly different. Bah! Never mind, let's get over it...

>I've no idea what "F-Secure AV" is but if you have a very robust
>application like apache failing in a very fundamental way and you are
>unsure of a unusual piece of software, why not try removing or disabling
>it and see if the problem goes away?

Simply because I am online 24/7 and I really need some kind of protection!
You probably won't believe it, but this piece of software caught 2 viruses
in the same day (never happened again since!) and both were coming from
this very list, I think it was November (a NIMDA and a K-LEZ, both who came
into attachmets from users in this list).
And, as you found out, F-Secure is nothing but unusual...

And still, yes! I am wondering why the pages are being whipped.
But you are helping with your post... So, basically are you saying that I
should expect this when using AV software? Maybe it is F-Secure after all...

Thanks Owen...
--Razvan