httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paullo...@pscs.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Security & Case sensitivity in Windows
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:59:39 GMT

> > In fact, it DOES restrict access to that folder, BUT it does NOT restrict
> > access to 'mysite.co.uk/Admin/...' This would be fine on Unix file systems,
> > but not on Windows ones, where /admin/ and /Admin/ are the same.
>
>This fact is well document at (for example):
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/sections.html#file-and-web

Thanks :-)

I spent about 20 minutes looking on the apache website for something to do
with this, but I couldn't find it - maybe the <location> part of the online
docs should mention this (I'd assumed that Directory had the same problem)
Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support@pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/