httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi's are working just 2 times
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:17:51 GMT
Stefan Lischke wrote:

>Sorry for beeing rude, but RMFM!.

I suggest you do the same.

>> Stefan Lischke wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> >I added a Script Alias to one VirtualHost, but the CGI's are
>> working only 2
>> >times.
>> >After that i always get a 500 "Premature....". When i restart Apache2, it
>> >works again for 2 times.
>> >
>> >I can start the Perl's or the C Exec. from commandline without
>> any problem
>

>> #1 is the likely culprit.  The fact that it runs twice w/o failure
>> suggests to me to look for a loop or counter or some such that does not
>> get reset (or at least something similar).  Since restarting Apache
>> resets, maybe some Apache variable is being modified (the value is
>> stepped beyond range?) and not returned to default.
>
>These Scripts are running perfectly from Commandline, even when i set
>QUERY_STRING and QUERY_METHOD.

How many times?  Your original post only says you can start them,
implying only that they run at least once.  They do that as a CGI.

>These scripts are not from me, these are htsearch (htdig) some bibTex Perl
>scripts and MajorCool (admin for ML's).

This info also not provided.  From your post, one would infer a homebrew
script, not, presumably well tested apps.

> All have the same behaviour, just
>running 2 times.
>
>Believe me, i serached the Fucking web for 2 days now, but i cannot find
>anything about just running 2 times and then make a 500.

Given your error message and code, I suggested an area to investigate.
My reply may or may not be sufficient, but it was not a result of any
failure on my part to read your effing message.

I am inferring from context (since you didn't properly attribute) that
the RMFM comment was meant for me.  If not, never mind.

--
gt       kk5st@sbcglobal.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---