httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stone, Timothy" <tst...@cityofhbg.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ugh...Apache 2.0.44 + PHP 4.2.2 on RHL8 please help
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:36:16 GMT
I'm installing TUTOS (tutos.sf.net) on my RHL8 staging server.

Everything in the install guide is completed except the loading of the TUTOS database into
my PostgreSQL install. This appears to be accomplished by navigating to a PHP page and following
instructions. However, each time I visit the page I'm presented with a download dialog for
the page!

	"You have chosen to download a file of type: application/x-httpd-php..."

Okay, before you say "AddType..."

Note that TUTOS provides an include conf that provides this information. Here are some further
details.

I have the following environment:

A *custom* install of Apache 2.0.44 running (/usr/local/apache)
   This install appears not to have a PHP module. Do I need one?

The *default* PHP install with RHL8...

    % php -v
      4.2.2
    % which php
      /usr/bin/php
    % ls -ld /etc/php.ini
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29233 Feb 13 09:12 /etc/php.ini

Without going into the details of TUTOS, installation is straightforward and an "apache.conf"
file is included that sets up the basics for Apache via an Include directive...

    Include /usr/local/apache/htdocs/tutos/apache.conf

The file provides a number of directives via a Directory block, including:

	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
	AddType application/x-httpd-pinc .pinc
	Allow from all

Any help trying to debug the PHP handling is greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,
Tim

--
/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer