httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laurent.bl...@infores.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] sssl starts but i get an error message with my virtual host conta iners
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:58:30 GMT
batristain@mediageneral.com wrote:
> Hey,
> Here's an interesting thing - I did get ssl to start so it is running now
> but I still get that error message and I believe it's due to the fact that
> mod_ssl isn't installed  - I can't get it installed b/c the version of
> apache that I have is 2.044 and the version of openssl is 0.97 or .96 (gotta
> check) but they aren't compatiable - after I do the ./configure it makes it
> to the part where it goes to the openssl toolkit and returns an error
> message...
>
> Any ideas of which version of openssl will work with apache 2.044 on a
> solaris 9 box?

Both work, but 0.9.7 is the current version, and hence recommended.

FWIW, here is a (typical ?) configure command line to compile with SSL.
You may have to modify it for your own needs.

./configure  \
   --prefix=/opt/httpd \
   --localstatedir=/var/log/httpd \
   --enable-modules=most \
   --enable-mods-shared=all \
   --enable-ssl \
   --with-z=/opt/zlib \
   --with-ssl=/opt/openssl \
   --enable-deflate \
   --enable-so

Note the --with-ssl=/opt/openssl that tells configure where to look for
OpenSSL.
Also, check out the configure output, it will say which modules are
going to be compiled in, and how (shared or not).

> BTW - here is 1103 - ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/u01/tampa_test/cgi-bin/"

Definitely weird.
Are you sure apachectl is using the right httpd.conf ?

Laurent
--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com