httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank McIsaac <max...@sasktel.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect??
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:50:08 GMT
        Hi Jeff.  I tried this and it works on my local network, but when I get
my friends to try (from remote locations) www.my_domain.ca/webmail it comes up
with "Object not found."  On my windows machine (on my local network), the
location bar changes from http://www.my_domain.ca/webmail to
http://192.168.1.102/webmail/src/login.php and will let me sign in and out.
Any ideas?
(ps.  I had to remove the / in front of http://192.... in the ProxyPass part
below.  If I left it in there, apache wouldn't load properly.  This is the error
that I got: " Syntax error on line 1136 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
ProxyPass can not have a path when defined in a location ")

        I was having problems with the RewriteRule approach from before.  It
worked for some of the functions, but not all.  When I would click "sign out",
for instance, it would look for www.my_domain.ca/src/signout.php instead of
www.my_domain.ca/webmail/src/signout.php .  This would generate an error "Object
not found."  Which is the better approach, and what should I do now?

        Thanks for the help guys.

Frank