httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank McIsaac <max...@sasktel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect??
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:39:52 GMT
        Hi.  This is my situation:

        I have two apache servers running behind a router.  Port 80 is
forwarded to them (as well as other ports).  One of the machines in my
main webserver(say 192.168.1.101), and the other is used mainly for a
mail server(192.168.1.102).  I am trying to setup web-based mail on the
mail server(x.x.x.102).  Until now, all requests on port 80 went to my
webserver, and all mail requests went to the mail server.  On my
webserver, I have several virtual hosts; one of which is for my personal
domain (the others are for clients).  I want it so that if I type
www.my-domain.ca/webmail , I get the home page of my mail server
(x.x.x.102 - which is also running apache and listening on port 80).
Basically, the document root for www.my_domain.ca/webmail is on the
other machine.  Any ideas?  If there is a solution to my problem, will
it work for www.webmail.my_domain.ca ?  Thanks in advance.

Frank