httpd-users mailing list archives

From 2aud...@sympatico.ca
Subject [users@httpd] UserDir and mod_rewrite
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:16:16 GMT
hello all,

my isp has just copied one of my sites to a new machine, They'd like e to check
that things are fine before pointing the DNS to the new site. Unfortunately, the
   site is  sitting at something like:

http://new-box.myisp.com/~myusername/

and most of the links begin at /, so they (try to) go to:

http://new-box.myisp.com/my_lost_page.html

I tried playing with mod_rewrite in a .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine
on
RewriteRule
^/(.)*
/~myusername/$1

but that isn't working. I tried a few other combos, but...

This is only temporary, though i'd like to find something i can place in
.htaccess so that i can check on the database bits.

any help appreciated