httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahba...@attbi.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting extensions for apache
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:53:57 GMT
Hello List, I'm new here, so please forgive the newbie questions...

I run SuSE and used the out of the box provided Apache RPM.

Now I am trying to setup an apache install with php support.

I have downloaded Apache 1.3.27 and PHP 4.3.1

Everything works except, I have to put the extension on the file name I
want in the URL...

for example instead of saying "http://site/test" I have to say
"http://site/test.html"

same goes for my PHP scripts, If I add the ".php" extension to the URL I
am ok, without it the page does not come up.

What configuration directive should I be using to not have to use the
extension?

Man thanks,

Ahbaid.