httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Web Browsing
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:24:44 GMT
Adrian Cunliffe wrote:
> I've taken a look at netcraft.com, and I don't understand what they can
> offer me. I'm trying to ascertain what I need to do to get my users
> seeing WebPages after they have dialled into me. I have Apache 2
> installed, do you think I have to configure the proxy part in the
> httpd.conf?

You don't need to use Apache at all to get people dial-up to you to see
webpages.  You just need a router (one that does some sort of connection
sharing if you only have one IP).

Of course you could use Apache to proxy, but without the router that
would mean the users could only view webpages, not do anything else on
the Internet.

--
Chris