httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <bao.ruix...@atbusiness.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie question on .conf file error
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:00:37 GMT

"David E. Newberger" wrote:

> Syntax error on line 228 of C:\Program Files\Apache
> Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf
>
> I have tried everything I know so far which I'll admit is little but this is
> what I see from line 228 to line 254 in my httpd.conf file
>
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/www/website/public/htdocs"

The following is extracted from the apache guideline on Configuration
files:

Apache configuration files contain one directive per line. The
back-slash "\" may be used as the last character on a line to indicate
that the
directive continues onto the next line. There must be no other
characters or white space between the back-slash and the end of the
line.

Hope this helps.

Best

Bao

--
BAO RuiXian, SOFTWARE ENGINEER, Project Consulting, Software Services
AtBusiness Communications Corporation, Kaapeliaukio 1, 00180 Helsinki