httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ezra <e...@acedsl.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Named Based virtual host not working
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:06:40 GMT
Hello all:
                    I'm attempting to host two websites on my Apache
Server 1.3.22(I know its old).  My configuration is as follows:

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>

ServerName blahblah.org
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/blah"

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>

ServerName blah2blah2.com
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/blah2"
#ServerAlias www.blah2blah2.com

</VirtualHost>

Note: The first virtual host is my primary server.

I Think I'm doing everything ok(So whats the problem).  The first
virtual host works fine.  Its the second virtual that's not working.  I
added entries in my  DNS servers and the second virtual host still is
not working.  The Apache documentation doesn't say what files in the DNS
servers should be modified( named.conf, forward mapping zone, reverse
mapping zone).  Should I add a zone in name.conf?  I'm running my own
DNS servers, so I can make changes on the fly.  If you guys need more
information, just say so.

            Thank You

            Ezra Taylor