httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <bao.ruix...@atbusiness.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] where would i configure an alias
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:27:52 GMT
The following is taken from the apache manual.

Bao

Alias Directive

                   Maps URLs to filesystem locations
      Syntax:
                   Alias URL-path file-path|directory-path
      Context:
                   server config, virtual host
      Module:
                   mod_alias

     The Alias directive allows documents to be stored in the local
filesystem other than under the DocumentRoot. URLs with a
     (%-decoded) path beginning with url-path will be mapped to local
files beginning with directory-filename.

     Example:

            Alias /image /ftp/pub/image

     A request for http://myserver/image/foo.gif would cause the server
to return the file /ftp/pub/image/foo.gif.

     Note that if you include a trailing / on the url-path then the
server will require a trailing / in order to expand the alias. That is,
if you use
     Alias /icons/ /usr/local/apache/icons/ then the url /icons will not
be aliased.

     Note that you may need to specify additional <Directory> sections
which cover the destination of aliases. Aliasing occurs before
     <Directory> sections are checked, so only the destination of
aliases are affected. (Note however <Location> sections are run
     through once before aliases are performed, so they will apply.)

--
BAO RuiXian, SOFTWARE ENGINEER, Project Consulting, Software Services
AtBusiness Communications Corporation, Kaapeliaukio 1, 00180 Helsinki