httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shawn W. Devlin" <sdev...@recognia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Launching X-Server based apps
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:19:07 GMT
Lee Fellows wrote:

>  Does this 'app' actually open a window on your display while running?

Yes, it does, briefly, open a window.

>  Most likely you need to set the environment variable DISPLAY in the
>  cgi script you use to invoke the app.

There is a display variable set in the environment   DISPLAY=:0.0

>  If it is actually openning a window on the display each time it is
>  invoked, then I would be double-checking the man/info pages for
>  headless operation options, or else looking for another application
>  that could do the same job without needing to open a window.

I will look into a headless operation.

Thanks.

--
Shawn W. Devlin
(613) 256-9200

Recognia Inc. - Changing the way people invest!

This communication contains confidential information and is intended only for the addressee.
Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited. If received in error, please contact the
author by return email or phone at (613) 256-9200.