httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frederic.H...@postadress.de
Subject [users@httpd] Parent Server Generation
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:10:44 GMT
Hi List,

please tell me something:

I´d like o know und which circumstances the server does resart itself.
I have my Parent Server Generation raised up to 10 or more - then
mostly I need to restart.

The only thing I could find googling was :

[quote]
Win32: Track and display "Parent Server Generation:" in
mod_status output. The generation will be bumped at
server graceful restart, when the child process exits
by hitting MaxRequestsPerChild or if the child
process exits abnormally.
[/quote]

Can someone tell me more?

--
{Bis bald  °  Frederic}
-This is a block of text that can be added to your posts. 72 characters.