httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Ollerenshaw <nat...@valuecommerce.ne.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Detecting OS login name
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:49:48 GMT
On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 06:43 AM, From Laura wrote:

> Some of this is greek to me.  I have access to PERL, PHP, MySQL,
> Apache,
> Oracle but that is it.  We don't have a middle tier at this point.
> Since
> Apache runs as Nobody - I am really at a loss on how to do this.
>
> Thanks!
> Laura

Study the headers that a windows machine sends your CGI. You might find
that one of them contains the login name. However, it probably needs
some kind of domain challenge/response thing that a CGI would need to
do.

I think what you're talking about is the NTLM information that windows
apps pass around over tcp.

This looks promising (searched for "NTLM from perl cgi" in google):

http://search.cpan.org/dist/libwww-perl/lib/LWP/Authen/Ntlm.pm
http://archive.develooper.com/libwww@perl.org/msg04380.html

Not sure how you actually use these modules, never done it myself.

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Systems Engineer - Shared Hosting
ValueCommerce Japan - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp

The language and concepts contained herein are guaranteed
not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with
the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.