httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Bager ...@jto.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] Auth : What can i do, and what is possible
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:35:07 GMT
Hi again.

My last question didn't give me much help so i try again, redefining my
question.

what is possible with mod_auth's ?

heres what i wanna do:

	/var/www/html = Root of  mysite.com

	/var/www/html/client1 = Clients page.
	/var/www/html/client.. = Other Clients folders.

	/var/www/webdav/       =  Webdav  root . i like this to be
files.mysite.com
	/var/www/webdav/client1 = Clients folder.

Now i need this situation.

When the a User, via a browser, is on for instance mysite.com/client1
he/she shouldt be able to browse thru the WebDav folder /client1.

But when the user, via a WebDav browser connects to files.mysite.com/client1
i want to authorize the client . So that only the Owner of the folder can
access it with full access.

i've experimented with .htaccess files but doesn't help alot.

anyone got a solution?

Jacob Bager, jb@jto.dk
Developer