httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect??
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 05:18:14 GMT
I'll race Jeff to a response here :)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:13:44PM -0600, Frank McIsaac wrote:
>         I was hoping to not have to edit all the code in the webmail application
> because it has hundreds of options.  It would take a lot of disecting to get
> them all.  This sure is a bugger; it seemed simple in the beginning, but it sure
> turned out to be a thorn in the foot.  Are there any other options, or have I
> exhausted them all?  Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Absolute links - those beginning with a / - are the bane of reverse
proxying.  As soon as an absolute path is specified, it must be accessible
on the frontend server.  Sometimes a bit of lateral thinking can help,
though.

Is it possible to install the webmail software to a different path on your
backend server - ie, /webmail/ instead of /src/ ?  This neatly sidesteps
the issue, but isn't always an option.

Zac