httpd-users mailing list archives

From bob pilly <bobpi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Installation Problems
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:24:50 GMT
Hi

Im trying to install php-4.3.1 as a dynamic module in
apache-2.0.44 but are having problems.  I install and
compile both with no problems using the
--with-apxs=pathto in the ./configure command for php.
I can see that it has created the libphp4.so in
pathtoapache/modules/ and i have added

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

Into the httpd.conf file

and copies php.ini-dist to /usr/local/lib/php.ini as
well.
I have done a apachectl configtest and restart and now
when i try and load a php page i get a pop up box on
my browser saying:
'The URL HTTP://pathtoserver/test.php has mime type
application/x-httpd-php
What do you want to do with it?'

and i can either save or run it from that location.

Does anyone know what i may be missing or where i have
gone wrong?

http://uk.my.yahoo.com