httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] In Server Monitor
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:04:54 GMT
Hi Kennie,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:11:50AM -0400, Kennie Cruz wrote:
> I am running Apache 2.0.44 (with worker MPM and PHP 4.3.1) on a 4-way
> Sun E450 with Solaris 8. I am experiencing some memory
> leakage/exhaustion on behalf of the web server that was not present on
> the previous version os Apache (1.3.26). Is there any method or plugin
> that enables an in server monitor.

I'm not aware of an alternative to mod_status, but I the problem may lie
with the versions of software you're using.  Unless I'm mistaken, PHP is
still considered 'experimental' on Apache2 - the main reason being that
there are still a number of extension modules which are not thread-safe.

You may want to consider switching to an unthreaded MPM to see whether
threading issues are involved.

Good luck!

Zac