httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jimmy McDonald <...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] A, CNAME, or M
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:05:58 GMT
An A record associates an ip address with a name and
a PTR accosciates a name with an address. CNAMEs are aliases.
MX records are Mail Exchange entries and point to mail servers.

Apache really has nothing to do with DNS.

Are you using bind to set up DNS?
Are you using Windows DNS server?
Are you using a web based DNS service?

Since this this off topic, mail me back privately.
I probably won't be around much until late tonight
but I can help you out then.

Jimmy