httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Krueger <benja...@seattlefenix.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic Web Pages using Oracle Databases
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:36:34 GMT
* Sanjay.Pillay@nrma.com.au (Sanjay.Pillay@nrma.com.au) [030317 14:41]:
> Hi, can anyone provide any assistance on how I can create a connection to
> an oracle database using apache v1.3.2 and then create dynamic web pages
> using either vbscript or javascript. Thanks.

If you wish to use VB, you will need ASP. Search the archives for this list
as many ASP for Apache products have been listed.

If you wish to use Javascript on the server, you must first realize that
Javascript is primarily used as a client side scripting language rather than
run on the server. If you are still intent on using Javascript, you might
investigate http://xml.apache.org/#xang.

Connections to any database are going to occur via the scripting or CGI
language that you use. You will want to investigate what support ASP and
Javascript have for Oracle DBs.

--
Benjamin Krueger