httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fw: Multiple Virtual servers : One Log File?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:05:28 GMT
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:57:37PM -0500, F. Scott Johnson wrote:
> If I set up a custom log file for 3 deifferent virtual
> servers, can they all log to the same file correctly?
<--snip-->

Listing the same logfile in each vhost should probably work, however you
may find logs being garbled.  If these are the only vhosts on your server,
consider putting the Log directives into your main configuration, and
leaving them out of the vhost blocks - this way, all log entries will be
written to the files listed in the main config.

If you have other vhosts on the server, the safest way would be to write to
three separate logs and then combine them later.

> We're running Apache with this information:
> Server Version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.4.10 OpenSSL/0.9.4 ApacheJServ/1.1 mod_perl/1.21
>
> We cannot upgrade :( So please limit anyt responses
> to this or earlier versions.

I hope this machine does not face the internet - you are vulnerable to many
serious security problems.

Zac