httpd-users mailing list archives

From g...@nuws.net
Subject [users@httpd] Security issue .htaccess
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:35:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm not great with Apache and would appreciate help. I want to dissable ALL parsing/executing
in one (upload) directory using .htaccess

I thought, maybe the MIME types for everything could be set to plain text (so PHP, SHTML or
whatever are just displayed in the browser as text).

Infact this may work for images and flash too because if called inside the IMG tag web browsers
seem to ignore the http headers. So basically, I think it's best to change the servers treatment
of *.*

I hope I explained the problem well. Would really appreciate a reply asap - if that's not
too much trouble.

Thanks very much for your time,
--Glen :)