httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Austermuehle ...@hcsd.de>
Subject [users@httpd] sendfile() throttles throughput (Solaris 9)
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 20:15:18 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering that the throughput of my web server (httpd 2.0.44, 64
Bit, worker MPM, Solaris 9 MU2/SPARC, U10) didn't exceed about 600 to
700 kByte/s. Another problem was that the system felt freezed as soon as
two concurrent requests had to be served.

After some testing I found out that disabling the use of sendfile() via
"EnableSendfile off" in httpd.conf increased the throughput to somewhat
above 11 MByte/s (tested on a Fast Ethernet with a 16 and 64 MByte file
using 'wget -O /dev/null'). The problem that the system freezed has gone
now, too.

Just another Solaris curiosity? Anybody else with this problem?

Kind regards,

Stephan