httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colson <scol...@westpole.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess problem
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:58:56 GMT
Found the answer, so I figured I'd post it here so someone else searching the
archives can find an answer:
The short answer is mod_auth_pam.

The longer answer is that on the raq's (and many other installs), mod_auth_pam
is installed (http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/). The nature of this
plugin is contrary to what I was trying to accomplish. What I needed to do
was add a line to the top of my .htaccess or access.conf file:
AuthPAM_Enabled off

This fixes it.

-s