httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem configuring mod_rewrite rule
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:28:59 GMT
Hi Michael,

do you want to redirect the browser to another URL, or do you want to rewrite internally?

This looks more like redirecting:
RewriteEngine  on
RewriteCond    %{REMOTE_USER}  ^mike.*
RewriteCond    %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/mrktechweb/
RewriteRule    (/.*)    /mrktechweb/index.htm$1
I added a RewriteCond which checks if the rewrite has taken place already and therefore will
not rewrite again.

You could also rewrite internally:
RewriteEngine  on
RewriteCond    %{REMOTE_USER}  ^mike.*
RewriteRule    (/.*)    /home/users/mrktechweb/index.htm$1
I am not sure right now, how you could avoid looping here.

I am not sure if my lines will work like this, but they should point you to the right direction.

Jurgen