httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <phi...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Source Code Oraginzation
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:46:19 GMT
I kept telling him that; but Mr. 10 years of expience at AOL, Bell Labs, and
AT&T as a Sybase DBA "knows better"

After giving the other reasons, still wanted more citing he can't find things.
I say grep -r  or grep -R for a great majority of systems works great
including every single one we use.

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 22:39, Jacob Coby wrote:
> >>I recently took shit for doing this, and I know at the _very_ least this
>
> is correctly from a security standpoint as now _ALL_ our code is out of
> web space.  I need other good reasons as well, other then for
> organization.<<
>
> It's more secure, and more organized.  The two panceas of programming.
> What else do you need?  I hear that putting code outside the DocRoot makes
> you irresistable to the opposite sex.  It also cures athletes foot and
> stops sniffles.
>
> >>Also, documenting where a function is located ?<<
>
> I like automatic documentation generators.
>
> >>I'd like to hear agruments for and against.<<
>
> Namespaces are great, as long as you do a bit of planning beforehand.  You
> don't really want to figure out which of 32 namespaces that function
> DoSomethingReallyUseful() is in.
>
> -Jacob

END
Philip M. Gollucci philip@p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
Webmaster & Webship Teacher

eJournalPress
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume