httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Hector <rhec...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] premisions problem
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:56:08 GMT
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 12:24:47AM +0100, Eelco Alosery wrote:

> Example:
> Everyting I put tru FTP or created tru FTP on the hosting company's
> server has owner 621 groep 83, even when perl greates a file.
> On my personal server everyting put tru FTP has owner 301 groep 45, but
> files greated by perl are owner 20 groep 45.
> Thats why I cant read the files on FTP.

My guess: Your hosting company has setup apache to run scripts as you,
which helps protect other customers' data. Therefore you can read them.

Your home server runs them as www-data or something, which I think is the
default. So the files are owned by www-data, and not readable by you.

What the best way is to get it to work how you want, I don't know.

Richard