httpd-users mailing list archives

From Neil Jolly <n...@jollycom.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] var not passed to cgi with suexec
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:29:45 GMT
On one of our servers using apache-1.3.27-2 on redhat 7.3 box, we have a
counter
script that runs and records how many times a certain page was viewed, and
stores that information in a mysql database for future processing. When I
took over this server they were not using suexec, and I have just changed it
over to use suexec. All other scripts made the changeover but the counter now
fails. The counter uses a couple of includes like so on each page:
<!--#set var="pid" value="7" -->
<!--#set var="cid" value="0" -->
<!--#set var="tid" value="USERPAGE" -->

Then calls the counter with this include:
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/counter.cgi" -->

No errors are recorded in the suexec logs, and the error_log records only a
premature end of script headers. Further debugging revealed the set vars are
not being passed to the cgi. Has anyone any idea why this would fail. I've
since altered the counter script to work as a normal include like:
<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/counter.cgi?pid=7&cid=0&tid=USERPAGE" -->
However I'm still curious why the previous version failed once I changed over
to suexec. Ideas anyone?

--
Neil Jolly

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the
most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.
-- Keynes