httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rohan Parkes <rpar...@email.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apxs not found
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:09:16 GMT
Hi

I have Apache 2.0.40, which was automatically installed when I installed
Redhat Linux 8.0. I'm trying to recompile PHP to add MySQL support.
However, in order to do this, I need to set the path to the apxs utility
if I want to add PHP as a dynamic module. I do not appear to have this
on my system, even though Apache seems to be set up for DSO (when I do
httpd -l, mod_so.c is listed).

Is apxs still included in Apache distributions? I've looked at the most
recent PHP documentation, and it still refers to apxs. So I can't tell
if my Apache setup is deficient, or if PHP is out of date.

Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Rohan Parkes
Melbourne