httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jon Essen-Moller <...@essen-moller.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache newbie problem on redhat 8.0
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 17:33:03 GMT
Hi

I'm sort of an old newbie, meaning that I played around with the
slackware distribution som 6 years ago r so. Now I decided to set up a
web server using redhat 8 but the first thing that happened is that i
get an error message "The connection was refused when attempting to
connect to localhost". Where can I start or configure Apache? I cant
find my way around because nothing look as slackware did.

It may be that that port is not open since somehow I cant change it
using any of the tool. Where and how do I select which ports are to be
open?

Any info is gladly accepted.

Thank you !!

/jon