httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nikunj Virani" <nik...@netsurf.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Mod_REWRITE + Post
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:55:47 GMT
Hello Everyone,

Please ask if you need more information or you could not understand any part of the question.
Havenot received any replies in a week.

Regards,
Nikunj Virani
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nikunj Virani
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 10:47 AM
  Subject: Mod_REWRITE + Post

  Hello Everyone,

  Let me familiarise you with what my requirement was:

  Requirement : "I have two servers: SERVER A the webserver and SERVER B the
  mailserver. I have a mailing software running on SERVER B (squirrelmail). I
  have all my websites hosted on my webserver. I had to serve all the requests
  coming on SERVER A on port 7777 with the mail interface which is hosted on
  SERVER B (Lets say domain where mail interface is hosted, being mail.xxx.com)".

  Solution I Found: I used mod_rewrite for proxying all the requests from
  SERVER B. My apache configurations are some thing like this:

  <VirtualHost *:7777>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule (.*) http://mail.xxx.com$1 [P]
  </VirtualHost>

  Note: I do not need redirection..So I have used proxy.

  Problem AREA:
  Now everything worked fine and i was able to run http://SERVERA:7777 and get
  mail.xxx.com.On thorough testing following bugs where found which were not
  there if i ran mail.xxx.com directly:

  Problem A: There was some problems with some of the forms submission on the
  mail application. Problem was with missing session variables from some of
  the pages due to which the user was being redirected to main page.

  On thorough investigation and close look at access logs of both the apache
  servers, i noticed that some of the session variables were not reaching
  SERVER B. I am using POST Method for form submission and problem seems to be
  only with the pages requested through POST. It was also noted that all other
  pages where server throuh GET and there was no problems with them (This is
  just an observation and could be wroung).

  Has any body else also faced the similar problems while using
  mod_rewritewith session variables and POST Method ?

  DO i need any changes on my Redirection rules ?

  Expecting an early reply.

  Thanks and Regards,
  Nikunj Virani