httpd-users mailing list archives

From "vizion communication" <viz...@ixpres.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.44 Frontpage Server Extension - FreeBSD
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:20:06 GMT
Thanks very much - I followed your suggestions and installed
the files.

I chose the option to have the server generate a script but
then got very confused when I was asked for a "root" web.
When asked for a filename - I just made up one "myroot" and
the script kept asking for a filename so I assum it did not
like what it had but had no idea what was expected!!
 I just did not understand where the script was taking me or
what was being asked of me!!!  I also have no experience of
frontpage and what seems to me to be somewhat idiosyncratic
terminology coming from the MS$ camp. What do they mean by
root web? As far as I am concerned every virtual server is
its own root!!!

My system is set up for virtual domains - so I have no
http://www.mydomain/~homes to contend but I have multiple
virtual domains which are configured using the Include
directive.

At the moment I am sure I do not know what I am doing!!!
<GRINZ> it will not be the first time and I hope it will not
be the last!!! The script is certainly sparse with its
explanations!!!

With thanks, humor and patience

David