httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Leach" <steve.le...@mi-int.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Bandwidth Reports
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:56:02 GMT
Hello to the group.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction - as I am sure what I
want to do has been done to deathy elsewhere!
Basically I want to produce a report each week that details the bandwidth
utilization of each of my Apache Servers.

I have looked at mod_throttle - but that seems more akin to real time usage,
whereas I just want to do a weekly operation.

Anyone seen or created utilities or scripts (that they would be willing to
share) that do such a task?

I think - looking at the available options - that taking the usage from the
logs is the correct way to perform this task, but as I say, re-inventing the
wheel seems kind of silly - or am I just lazy ;-?

Thanks for any tips / hints.

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
IT/Network Manager
MI International Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1642 356 205
Fax: +44 (0)1642 356 229
steve.leach@mi-int.com
www.mi-int.com
www.askalix.com

DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
necessarily of MI International Ltd.

This e-mail and any information or files transmitted with it, including
replies and forwarded copies, are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the intended individual or entity. If you are not the intended
recipient, please e-mail postmaster@mi-int.com, along with a copy of the
e-mail.