httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jamie.Kerw...@benenden.org.uk
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Detecting OS login name
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:28:58 GMT
I am currently testing a module for apache which allows this sort of
functionality, it is ntlm. Details can be found here:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=10207961&goto=newpos

Basically it sets up the REMOTE_USER environment variable which is
accessible thru the scripting language of your choice (personally I use
php). Then to find the rest of the information you can just use an LDAP
connection to active directory. The match is done on the field
'samaccountname' (ie network username).

Jamie.kerwick@benenden.org.uk
ITS
Internal Extension : 5806
Direct Dial        : 0870 754 5806

-----Original Message-----
From: From Laura [mailto:from_laura@hotmail.com]
Sent: 14 March 2003 20:05
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Detecting OS login name

Hello,
I work for a company that is on a Windows NT system. We log into a network
with a login name.  One group has written an ASP web system that
automatically detects the mud_id and pulls employees full name, office
number, etc. into a web form.  Meanwhile, I have a rogue linux box with
apache running on this same intranet.  I have been asked to duplicate this
functionality.  Is this possible using linux/apache or is this a windows
thing.

Thanks for the expertise and help.
Laura