httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Serge Medentsev" ...@3000gt.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 zero sized reply
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:32:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Turner" <kk5st@sbcglobal.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 zero sized reply

> >But if I try to access a bigger file, lets say
> >http://www.3000gt.ru/pictures/ie-settings.gif (44Kb) by doing "GET
> >/pictures/ie-settings.gif HTTP/1.1; Host: www.3000gt.ru" I get absolutely
> >nothing. Apache closes the socket and does not send a single byte of
> >information. No headers, no data, nothing. Just cuts the connection. If I
> >try to access it with browser, it complains about "zero sized reply".
> >
> >Surprisingly, Apache reports "GET /pictures/ie-settings.gif HTTP/1.1" 200
> >45381
>
> This does not look like an Apache artifact.  Is there a proxy cache in
> the line anywhere?  You might search in this vein.

No. There is no cache. As I've said - I've tried everything. I've tried to
access it from different computers both with browsers (various) and manually
(by telnetting to it) - all the same. Apache reports that everything is OK
but in fact it just drops connection immediately without sending a single
byte.