httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Nordenberg" <dnordenb...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and DAV, files are not writable
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:24:09 GMT
Hello
I can't get my files on DAV to be writable, The files are owned by group
"users" and have mode 775, apache is running as group "users" so that
shouldn't be the problem.

This is my DAV capable virtual host config:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin bla@localhost
    DocumentRoot /home/bla/public_html
    ServerName bla.localhost
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/bla-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/bla-access_log common
    <Location /dav>
      DAV on
      php_admin_flag engine off
      AuthType Digest
      AuthName "DAV"
      AuthDigestFile /home/bla/public_html/.digest_passwd
      <Limit>
        require valid-user
      </Limit>
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

/dav is a symlink to .. so I can have the php engine off. The symlink and
public_html is owned by group "users" and has mod 775. The digest
authentication works and I can see the files but they are read-only and if I
try to write to them, I get 403 errors in the access log like this:
XXXXXXXXX - - [02/Mar/2003:02:21:41 +0100] "DELETE /dav/bla.txt HTTP/1.1"
403 325
XXXXXXXXX - - [02/Mar/2003:03:13:33 +0100] "PUT /dav/bla.txt HTTP/1.1" 403
325

I also added this in my httpd.conf:
DavLockDB    /var/lock/subsys/DavLock
and touched that file and set the permission so apache can write to it.

I think that covers pretty much all info I can give you on my problem,
please help me and give me suggestions of things to try that might help me.

Regards, David Nordenberg